Catalonia Lifts The Night Curfew But Maintains Rest Of The Restrictions

The Generalitat has approved this Tuesday within the framework of the Civil Protection Plan of Catalonia (Procicat) the extension of the bulk of the restrictions due to the coronavirus with the exception of the curfew, which declines in the 19 municipalities in which the measure was still in force .

The Catalan Executive has informed in a statement that this Wednesday it will ask the Superior Court of Justice of Catalonia (TSJC) for the approval of said extension, which will come into effect on Friday in case of receiving the judicial endorsement with a validity of seven days.

Thus, the limit of social gatherings to a maximum of 10 people is maintained both in the public and private spheres -except in the case of cohabitants- and also the limitation of the capacity in civil or religious acts and ceremonies to 70%, informs Europa Press .

In this way, the Government renounces to apply the night confinement after the TSJC rejected on Thursday the extension in 148 localities and on Monday the request of the Catalan Executive to apply this measure to 62 Catalan municipalities with more than 20,000 inhabitants, among which Catalan capitals -Barcelona, ​​Girona, Lleida and Tarragona- and metropolitan areas were included.

In this sense, the president of the Generalitat, Pere Aragonès, regretted the court’s decision and defended that the curfew “is still necessary” to reduce the number of Covid-19 infections.

Since last Thursday’s judicial veto to the night confinement, the police have had to dissolve crowds of thousands of people at parties and drinking bottles in the streets and beaches of large Catalan municipalities and tourist towns.

After the state of alarm, the curfew had been reinstated in the main Catalan municipalities in mid-July as a measure to stop the fifth wave of the pandemic.

The Generalitat has approved this Tuesday within the framework of the Civil Protection Plan of Catalonia (Procicat) the extension of the bulk of the restrictions due to the coronavirus with the exception of the curfew, which declines in the 19 municipalities in which the measure was still in force .

The Catalan Executive has informed in a statement that this Wednesday it will ask the Superior Court of Justice of Catalonia (TSJC) for the approval of said extension, which will come into effect on Friday in case of receiving the judicial endorsement with a validity of seven days.

Thus, the limit of social gatherings to a maximum of 10 people is maintained both in the public and private spheres -except in the case of cohabitants- and also the limitation of the capacity in civil or religious acts and ceremonies to 70%, informs Europa Press .

In this way, the Government renounces to apply the night confinement after the TSJC rejected on Thursday the extension in 148 localities and on Monday the request of the Catalan Executive to apply this measure to 62 Catalan municipalities with more than 20,000 inhabitants, among which Catalan capitals -Barcelona, ​​Girona, Lleida and Tarragona- and metropolitan areas were included.

In this sense, the president of the Generalitat, Pere Aragonès, regretted the court’s decision and defended that the curfew “is still necessary” to reduce the number of Covid-19 infections.

Since last Thursday’s judicial veto to the night confinement, the police have had to dissolve crowds of thousands of people at parties and drinking bottles in the streets and beaches of large Catalan municipalities and tourist towns.

After the state of alarm, the curfew had been reinstated in the main Catalan municipalities in mid-July as a measure to stop the fifth wave of the pandemic.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *