Apple is all set to launch another of its very anticipated products, the iPad mini (2022)! The company has the tradition of annually updating its devices and launching a new version for Apple users worldwide.
iPad mini (2022) is recently the talk among users for how efficient yet straightforward and sleek the new iPads look. Read on to find more about the upcoming iPad.
iPad mini 2022 Release Date
The much-anticipated iPad mini (2022) will get launched this September 2022. if we go about last year’s iPad mini release was in September 2021, and so have been the other predecessors. Some might get a launch along with another much-awaited Apple product, the iPhone 14. There is no official release date as of yet.
This is considered to be Apple’s most affordable iPad and has seen some decent upgrades in recent years. So what do we get in this new upgraded iPad mini?
iPad mini 2022 Features
There are many versions released, namely, iPad mini 7 (2022), iPad 10.2in, iPad Mini 5, and more. However, we have a list of features expected to be in the upcoming iPad regardless of any version.
The features are:
- The new iPad mini (2022) will be available in colour finishes of Space Gray, Pink, Purple, and Starlight
- Capacity: 64GB and 256GB
- Size: 7.69 inches (195.4 mm) length and 5.3 inches (134.8 mm)breadth and is 0.25 inch (6.3 mm)thick
- The Wi-Fi models are 0.65 pounds (293 grams), and the Wi-Fi + Cellular models are 0.66 pounds (297 grams)
- Liquid Retina display
- 8.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology(as it has rounded edges)
- 2266-by-1488 resolution at 326 pixels per inch (PPI)
- Wide colour display (P3)
- True Tone display
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Fully laminated display
- Anti Reflective coating
- 1.8% reflectivity
- 500 nits brightness
- Supports Apple Pencil (2nd generation)
- A15 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture
- 6-core CPU
- 5-core graphics
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 12MP Wide camera, ƒ/1.8 aperture
- Digital zoom up to 5x
- Five-element lens
- Quad-LED True Tone flash
- Autofocus with Focus Pixels
- Panorama (up to 63 MP)
- Smart HDR 3
- Wide colour capture for photos and Live Photos
- Advanced red-eye correction
- Photo geotagging
- Auto image stabilisation
- Burst mode
- Image formats captured: HEIF and JPEG
- 4K video recording at 24 fps, 25 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps
- 1080p HD video recording at 25 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps
- 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Quad-LED True Tone flash
- Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps or 240 fps
- Time-lapse video with stabilisation
- Extended dynamic range for video up to 30 fps
- Cinematic video stabilisation (4K, 1080p, and 720p)
- Continuous autofocus video
- Playback zoom
- Video formats recorded: HEVC and H.264
- Operating System: iPadOS 15. The iPadOS is said to have robust features and built-in apps designed to take advantage of the unique potential of the new iPad.
There are several other features that you can check out at Apple’s official website.
iPad mini 2022 Price
The brand new iPad mini (2022) is reported to be priced:
- iPad mini 6th generation: £479/$499
- iPad mini 5th generation: £379/$399
The iPad mini (2021) started at $499 / £479 / AU$749, they will be slightly expensive, as expected, but we have to wait for any further announcement for confirmation.
Apple products have a reputation of being one of the finest qualities, although some might argue that new upgraded products are just the same with a tweak here and there. However, the new iPad looks very promising yet, and we can expect the typical Apple top-notch quality this year as well.
So are you ready for the new iPad mini (2022), and will you get your hands on them? Or are you going to wait till the upgraded version is released yet again?