Despite earlier declaring he was done with the Fast and Furious franchise, Dwayne Johnson makes a cameo appearance as Luke Hobbs in the newest film. The Wrap claims that Johnson makes a surprise appearance after the credits for the upcoming movie Fast X, which hits theaters on May 19 next week. The Universal Pictures spokesman declined to comment.
Johnson, 51, debuted in the Fast Five film series in 2011; fans last saw him in the 2019 spinoff Hobbs & Shaw with Jason Statham. In the newest film, Statham reprises his role as Deckard Shaw alongside Vin Diesel, Jason Momoa, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Michelle Rodriguez, Ludacris, John Cena, Rita Moreno, Helen Mirren, Brie Larson, Charlize Theron, Nathalie Emmanuel, and others. Meadow Walker, the late Paul Walker’s daughter, also appears in the follow-up.
Johnson’s cameo appears two years after he declared he wouldn’t work on any more Fast and Furious movies and spoke out against 55-year-old Diesel. Diesel referred to Johnson in an Instagram post from November 2021 as his “little brother” and made a formal request for him to return for the “finale of Fast 10.” “As you are aware, my kids call you Uncle Dwayne around the house.
Every holiday they and you celebrate, they express their best wishes, but now is the right time. When he wrote that, Diesel said, “Legacy awaits. He said, “I told you years ago that I was going to fulfill my promise to Pablo,” referring to Walker, who passed away in November 2013.
“I made a vow that we will achieve and manifest the finest Fast in the 10th episode! I say this because I love you, but you have to show up; don’t let the franchise go to waste; you have a crucial part to play. There is no one else who can play Hobbs. I wish you success in meeting your goals and achieving your destiny.
You can also see the most recent news below:
A month later, Johnson remarked in an interview with that the Instagram post had “very surprised” him and was “an example of his manipulation.” In December 2021, he said to the magazine, “I told Vin directly — and privately — that I will not be returning to the series this past June when Vin and I truly interacted not over social media.
I was polite but forceful when I spoke, stating that I would always be the cast’s biggest fan and that I hoped the franchise would succeed but that there was no chance I would return. Additionally, I met with my colleagues at Universal, all of whom were quite supportive as they were aware of the issue, Johnson continued.
“I didn’t like that he brought up his children in the post, as well as the passing of Paul Walker,” Johnson stated. Do not involve them. We discussed this in-depth months ago and came to a mutual understanding. My ultimate goal was to finish my remarkable journey with the fantastic Fast & Furious franchise with grace and thanks. Regrettably, this public discussion has complicated matters.
See the latest news below:
- Writers Guild of America is on Strike: You Need to Know
- Ed Sheeran Performs Marvin Gaye Mash-up at Copyright Trial
The actor also stated at the time that he was “confident in the Fast universe and its ability to consistently deliver for the audience,” and that he “truly” wished his “former costars and crew members the best of luck and success in the next chapter.”
Johnson previously admitted to Vanity Fair in October 2021 that he would only have agreed to take part in 2017’s The Fate of the Furious if he was guaranteed to have his moments without Diesel. At the time, he explained, “I wanted to avoid drama.” “I considered that to be the best course of action. For everyone.
Stay Connected With newscatchy.com