This year brings sad news for all you Gente-fied fans as Netflix has officially cancelled the series. Deadline confirmed that the series wouldn’t be returning for Gente-fied Season 3 due to its first two seasons’ low ratings and low viewership.
Gentefied is the story, Three Mexican-American cousins as they pursue the American dream, even though the same goal threatens their most essential things:
neighbourhoods, immigrant grandfathers, and family taco shops.
Season 2 of Gentefied hit Netflix in November 2021, but there weren’t many fanfares. Season 1 peaked at 118 on IMDb, while Season 2 did not peak at 349 until a week after its release. Another indicator of poor performance is in the trailers for each series; this has been reported to be related to the version of Netflix itself. The trailer for the first season gained 5,80,000 views, while the second season managed 67,000, just over 10%. This isn’t the first US-produced Latin show that Netflix has struggled with.
This is Netflix’s first major release at the end of 2022 (said anyway). As we’ve noticed over the last few years, Netflix isn’t too keen on publicly announcing cancellations, as it will soon postpone the show’s start.
Gente-fied Season 3 Release Date
This show has been cancelled, so no release date has been announced for Season 3.
Gente-fied Season 3 Plot
- Joaquín Cosio, the widow owner of “Mama Finaz” and Casimiro “Pop” Morales. He and his wife Delfina (“Mamafina”) had three sons.
- JJ Soria as Eric Morales, one of Pop’s grandchildren with a baby on the way. He is also the son of one of Pop’s sons.
- Karrie Martin Luckney is Ana Morales, the granddaughter of pop and one of the artists. She is the daughter of another pop son.
- Carlos Santos is Chris Morales, one of Pop’s grandchildren and chef. He is the son of another pop son.
- Julissa Calderon as Yessika Castillo, Ana’s girlfriend who is a local activist
- Jaime Alvarez as Javier, a local musician
- Greg Ellis as Chef Austin, Chris’ boss at “Mangia” who is also the executive chef
- Annie Gonzalez as Lidia Solis, Erik’s pregnant, highly educated girlfriend
- Bianca Melgar as Nayeli Morales, Ana’s sister and another of Pop’s granddaughters
- Laura Patalano is Beatriz Morales, Ana and Nayeli’s mother, a seamstress. Widow of one of Pop’s sons.
- Rafael Sigler as Pancho Solis, Lidia’s father
- Al Patiño as Chuey
Gente-fied Season 3 Trailer
While the show has been cancelled, viewers can still catch the trailers and episodes of the previous two seasons on Netflix.
As sad as we are about the cancellation of Gentefied, we hope to see more Latino-inspired shows on Netflix this year!